Sunday, July 7, 2019

Hi Adrian; it's me, Anxiety.


As many of you may know by now, or not, I have this thing that keeps me from going out and doing my thang as anyone else normally would. It's called anxiety. I spoke to my doctor to help me find a solution as I did not want to rely on alcohol every time I wanted to be social. It is unhealthy and unsafe. Aside obvious said facts, I also wanted to find the root of the problem so I could reword the memory and find a better management skill. 

I am amongst the privileged to have insurance and attend to my mental health so I did.

It is an every day struggle dealing with the voices in my head. Even though I believe I have identified the moment when this all started, it is not an easy task to work it out and poof! it's gone. I wish it was that case.

This being said, please, as a friend, offer your undivided attention to your surroundings. Always be available for your friends. You never know who might need you to just be there. Sometimes that's just what one person needs, someone to be nearby. I know I've been there and I want you to know that I will be here for anyone that needs an ally. Always. Remember, it's okay to NOT be okay. It's okay to ask for help.





Here's a list, as a thank you and recognition to people that stood by my side and could have saved my life without them even realizing it. I don't have words to thank you enough.

In no specific order, except as chronologically as possible:

Jorge Martinez                                         Rusty Kilpatrick
Jose Manuel Ramirez                              Joseph Osborn
Juana Hernandez                                      Kevin Kilpatrick
Jonathan Marin                                        Gloria Rangel
Ivan Hernandez                                        Flor Lopez
Gustavo Garcia                                         Spencer Terry
Ulises Rojas                                             Andrea Cortes
Andres Caamano                                      Joshua Scholes
Veronica Sanchez                                     TJ Henderson
Mandy Corona                                           Jesus Rivera


And of course, my family, my husband, and our dogs.

I am lucky to have a great support system and I want to pay it forward.

[ ...Relax. Take it Easy. ]