Saturday, January 7, 2017

Just Breathe...


Speaking to my psychologist, I realized (or maybe overthink, as always) that I don't know my spouse as well as he knows me. This feeling was not a good feeling. Then, speaking to Autumn, a coworker, I found out that all I need to do is LISTEN. I guess I complain too much which makes me blind to what my spouse (or anyone around me) might be saying.
That night I came home and I apologized to my spouse. I told him how much he means in my life. I reassured him my love and my commitment to our marriage. He's been an amazing person, companion, pain in the butt, and more than anything, a loyal friend throughout these past six years. I just needed him to know that I love him. With this said, I encourage you to go home and tell your loved ones how you feel about them; I know it may feel weird, but it's a good 'weird' that strengthen your bond. More than anything, be appreciative of the people that surround you; especially the ones that have stuck around since high school. That friendship is priceless. Treasure it. How do you spot the good ones? Well, they text you to ask if you're doing well after a storm; they're make silly snaps with you; they attend and support the causes and events you're passionate about; they are a hot mess with you when you hang out together; and no matter how busy they all are, they always make time to share shots of tequila to celebrate each other's birthdays. 
"I found I needed people because I needed the love they could give me. I found that LOVE is something I did. I found that the way I showed people my need and love for them was to tell how it was with me in my deepest... And the more I had coming to me, the more I had to give away." (Jess Lair, Ph.D.) As Momma Ru says, if you can't love yourself, how in the hell are you going to love somebody else? I am a firm believer that we need to be the change we want to see in the world. People change their behavior when your attitude shifts gears to better shores. Take my word, take initiative towards positive perspective, and you'll see wonders happen around you.


<<  OTHER  EVENTS  >>

On another note, I have been making progress as to putting myself out of my comfort zone. I know, they may seem small and dumb to you, but it is significant for me. A couple of months ago, I attended a show all by myself. As always, I sabotaged myself hoping to be late for the Meet & Greet, but I wasn't successful. I was able to speak to the guys of Parachute for a few seconds prior taking our picture, and I waited for a couple of hours on my own while Mitch came in (as he was at work till halfway the show). I spoke to my psychologist about this specific Event because it is amazing how much my anxiety takes over my will power. I have learned from this experience, and I believe I will do better at whatever show I go next (Phillip Phillips on 07/21/2017).  After all, the others and I are there because we have something in common! Right!? 
Parachute. The Getaway Tour.
The Waiting Room.
April 2017
TapeFace
The Slowdown
May 2017
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention









               And all I need to do is keep pushing on!


NOW READING:                                                                                 NOW LISTENING:





[...Relax. Take it Easy.]